Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Loving the rains...

It finally rained in Bangalore! I love rains! I love getting wet in the rains as well. It soothes me and my soul. I am a romantic person, and the rains just make me happy. It's such a romantic season.
Waking up to a morning of rainy clouds is just enough to give me that rush of excitement and happiness. Walking through the rains today, brought back some memories of time spent in the rainy season...
When I was in school, me and my best friend used to walk back home, though we had bicycles. We used to act silly by jumping and splashing in the puddles of water on our way back. Mom's scoldings regarding ruining the dresses, shoes and socks, somehow added to the fun :D
By the time I came to college, the romantic side of me started to peek at me. Walking to college everyday in the rains, made me smile. Graduation was the time when I had a two wheeler to myself. And God did I love to ride in the rains!! I wanted excuses to step out and drive till one of the lakes, feeling those water droplets on my face (they hurt sometime :P). The enjoyment continued when after the ride I waited eagerly for the adrak ki chai, along with my friends. When I used to reach home, Mom would jump and ask if I was ready for some hot pakoras. It was as if Mom could sense the need of those pakoras.
Moving to Bangalore was like a bliss for me in more ways than one. One of them being the untimely rains! The Bangalore weather makes me happy everyday (unless its damn sunny), and the rains just add to the happiness.
Today is one of those days, and the smile on my face will stay throughout :)
The song on my mind is Iktara - both the female and the male version....

3 comments:

Vineet Rajan said...

Thats the wonderful thing about Bangalore rains. The weather becomes so nice!

Miss the Bangalore rains, nothing like those!

I've become a kid again, waiting for the next rain to go take a natural shower!

Nirupama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nirupama said...

@ Big B : Yeah! Bangalore weather is definitely great!
Hope you become a kid soon :D