Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - For The Elderly & The Beautiful

(www.hotterinhollywood.com)

This weekend has been a relaxing one in some ways, I'd say. My longest wish of watching movies & sitcoms back to back has been fulfilled. And I'm left with thoughts, like anybody else.

On one hand, I saw the movie Man From Earth and on the other, I saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Two different phases of human life, blended so beautifully. I especially liked the latter. 

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is about this bunch of old people, who have their own reasons of visiting India and land up at the same hotel. Mostly because of the fake pictures being put on the internet and also may be because the tag line of the hotel says, "For the elderly and the beautiful". You know how there is always this one character in a movie which is charming and sane? Mrs. Evelyn Greenslade is one of those in the movie, she keeps the story going really well. 

The movie projects each story in a way that you would like, there are secrets that each one is hiding but you find out (or may be it's an overdose of watching 'Lie To Me'!). It made me realise how probably in the last few years of their lives, they found where they truly belonged - in themselves.

Probably you realise in the last few years of your life that there are so many things you've wanted to do, wanted to share, the desire of living, loving increases when you find a charming place that you are slowly adapting to.


Finally, it's all about following your heart in the end. A lesson, I'm grateful, I've learnt at this age :-)

No comments: