Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Everyday Ritual

I don't know why I recall this incident today particularly, but I got reminded of it this morning. When V leaves for office everyday, it is a ritual that I stand in the balcony, till he leaves. Pretty much like any other wife I guess. 

He goes near his bike, adores it for a while and patiently pulls it out. And his part of the ritual is that he should look up at me and wave, before he drives off to office. It's become such a habit now, for both of us! So this one day, a few weeks back, he forgot to look up at me and drove off! I was surprised and felt bad that he left without completing the most important part of his ritual (no, not adoring the bike :P)! A few seconds later, I see him pushing his bike backwards to look and wave at me :) And I laughed heartily while looking at him :)

I doted on that incident that whole day, and I fall in love with V all over again, today :'-)


3 comments:

Anupama said...

Sweet :)

Nirupama said...

Thanks D :)

Tanvi from tanvii.com said...

I can totally relate to this post! I hope you guys still do this ritual :)

∞ tanvii.com ∞